Thanksgiving 2017: 10 Ways To Celebrate Gratitude
It's fitting we celebrate Thanksgiving at the end of a calendar year - and not just because we're grateful for the proverbial bountiful harvest. During Thanksgiving, we have a focused opportunity to reflect on the opportunities, blessings and miracles in our lives. As families, we have the privilege of helping each other recognize and practice appreciation and gratitude.
Here are 10 simple and fun ways to encourage kids (and adults) of all ages to celebrate those things which they are most grateful for:
1. Gratitude Conversation Starters: Grab a strip, read aloud and get talking about situations, people and ideas that you may not have considered before.
2. The Turkey Ticket: Create a list and add your blessings each year. Watch the measurement of abundance literally unfold before your eyes.
3. Thankful Tree: Instead of leaves falling, leaves grow during the month of November as family members draw, color or write what they're thankful for each day.
4. Gratitude Scavenger Hunt: After the last bite of pumpkin pie, get your family up and outdoors - celebrating Thanksgiving Day in its truest form.
5. ABC Thanksgiving Journal: 26 simple expressions of gratitude that your youngest family members will enjoy.
6. A Thankful Heart: Hearts are not just for Valentine's Day. Recognize the love others have shown to you this year through this simple craft and journal idea.
7. The Gratitude Game: This spin on Pick-Up Sticks game gives everyone a fair chance to express their appreciation.
8. Gratitude Garland: Beautifully decorate for Thanksgiving with expressions of gratitude.
9. Thankful Turkey Book: This book craft gives young kids the opportunity to express gratitude in a fun and memorable way.
10. Gratitude Stones: Create a meaningful reminder that can be shared with family, friends and community.
All of us at MyFreedom MyFamily T-Shirts wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Shine On. -Kimberly
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.